Our skin plays a vital role in protecting us from the harmful external effects. Skin is a chief factor in lifting self-confidence and making social interactions easier.
Skincare is essential is it enables the skin to cope with the upcoming future problems. Skincare can save you from damaging your skin amidst the harmful environment we live in.
Cosmetic skin treatments improve the current condition of your skin. It boosts self-confidence and gives you a good feeling of your overall appearance. Cosmetic skin treatments can bring changes in your lifestyle giving you a confident outlook!
In this blog, we will talk about the 9 best cosmetic skin treatments and the benefits of the given treatments!
Hence, without any further ado, let us dive into the blog!
Understanding Cosmetic Skin Treatments
Medical treatment should not be confused with cosmetic skin treatments. Before knowing the best cosmetic skin treatments, it is important to know the difference between medical and cosmetic skin treatments.
Looking at medical treatments, its primary motive is to treat skin diseases, allergies and any type of skin infections. Medical treatments are performed by professionals like dermatologists. It treats skin problems caused by medical issues.
Coming to cosmetic skin treatments enhances the skin’s appearance giving you a more confident look. It is undertaken by dermatologists or plastic surgeons. Cosmetic skin treatments improve skin’s quality giving you the look you want.
Want to know the role of cosmetic skincare treatments in enhancing skin appearance and boosting self-confidence?
Let’s look at what they serve us:
1) Cosmetic skin treatments make use of technology to provide solutions to issues like acne, wrinkles or fine lines.
2) It helps in reducing stress and anxiety. Once you are satisfied with how you look without flaws, you are mentally relaxed, reducing stress or anxiety.
3) It provides the option for tailor-making your priorities. It can fix problems relating to acne or unwanted pigmentations
4) Few cosmetic skin treatments do not require long recovery periods. They can show effective results in no time without going through the pain of recovery.
Cosmetic skin treatments have a broad aspect. Topical treatments are one of them.
Topical treatments are varied applicants that you need to apply on the skin directly. They are used to solve issues like pigmentation, wrinkles or fine lines.
Topical treatments include:
These variants help in improving skin texture and provide a radiant glow to your skin.
Every kind of topical treatment has three main ingredients which possess important qualities. They are:
1) Retinol: It contains Vitamin A which helps fight against ageing. Retinol makes your skin look smoother and younger-looking. Retinol must be used at regular intervals so that it doesn’t give issues like itching and irritation.
2) Hyaluronic Acid: It is a substance lighter than water. It used to give the skin the kind of plump it needs. Hyaluronic acid reduces fine lines and gives your skin a healthy look.
3) Vitamins: Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin B5 play an important role in making your skin look good. These vitamins act as antioxidants and preserve the moisture of the skin. Vitamins give skin a healthy look and reduce hyperpigmentation.
Including topical treatments in your daily skincare routine can give your skin and give it a shine. Topical treatments reduce pigmentations visible wrinkles and aging. It acts as a shield and protects the skin from the harmful environment.
Cosmetic skin treatments like chemical peeling help in rejuvenating and exfoliating skin by applying some chemical solutions. These chemical solutions do not harm your skin. In chemical peeling, the chemical solution is applied to the skin so that the damaged skin peels off and new skin can develop. These solutions seep deeper into the skin to give it a youthful look. This cosmetic skin treatment breaks down the dead skin cells providing space for fresh new skin.
There are three main types of chemical peeling based on depth. They are:
1) Superficial Peels: This domain treats small skin concerns like the uneven shade of the skin, acne and wrinkles. They contain acids that target the outer layer of the skin only for the changing of visible concerns. They do not need much time to recover.
2) Medium Peels: Medium peels seep into the middle layers of the skin to treat problems like damage from the sun, pigmentation and deep wrinkles. They require so much time for recovery.
3) Deep Peels: This part of the cosmetic skin treatment, solves problems like damage from the sun, wrinkles and scars. Deep peels penetrate the deeper layers of the skin providing the necessary treatments. They take a longer time to recover.
Using chemical peels has so many advantages. Chemical peel as one of your cosmetic skin treatments helps reduce wrinkles, lessens the damage caused by the sun, improves the texture of the skin and boosts confidence.
Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion
Before stepping into this aspect of cosmetic skin treatments, let us first understand what is microdermabrasion and dermabrasion and their basic differences!
Microdermabrasion is a minimum cosmetic process that targets the outer layer of the skin. It uses crystals to remove dead skin, and dirt and gives a young complexion.
Dermabrasion is a cosmetic skin treatment focussing on the deeper layers of the skin. It uses l tools that help in healing the skin and remove scars, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation effects.
After clearing out the differences, let’s dive into the benefits and procedures of the two cosmetic skin treatments.
Microdermabrasion is a quick method in which the dermatologist exfoliates the outer skin layers.
It improves the skin’s texture, reduces fine lines and wrinkles and mildly improves acne scars and age spots.
Dermabrasion is a bit lengthy process where dermatologists use light sedation. It removes the outer layer of the skin.
It reduces deep scars giving the skin a healthy effect, reduces the damage of the sun and removes deep acne scars.
Besides these benefits, microdermabrasion and dermabrasion also exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin, by working on the outer and inner layers. They improve the texture of the skin and give your skin a healthy glow.
Cosmetic skin treatments like laser therapy make use of beams of rays. It improves the texture of the skin giving it a radiant glow. It is an effective way to rejuvenate skin. The precision with which laser therapies provide solutions makes it a popular cosmetic skin treatment.
Laser treatments are of two types:
1) Ablative Laser treatment – This treatment treats skin problems like acne scars, wrinkles and pigmentation.
2) Non Ablative Laser treatment – This treatment produces collagen making skin tighter and curing wrinkles and pigmentation.
The advantages of laser therapy are:
1) Collagen Production – Laser therapies produce collagen in the skin. This helps in making skin tighter and firmer over time.
2) Skin Resurfacing – Laser therapies remove deep acne scars and give the skin a youthful glow.
3) Scar Reduction – Cosmetic skin treatments like laser therapy remove scar marks and deep wrinkles.
Botox and Dermal Fillers
Cosmetic skin treatments like Botox and dermal fillers help in solving problems like ageing and enhancing skin.
Botox also known as botulinum Toxin reduces fine lines and wrinkles while dermal fillers give volume to the skin and enhance the skin by reducing wrinkles.
In the industry of cosmetic skin treatments, Botox is a solution to fight the signs of ageing. It reduces wrinkles. The appearance of wrinkles and fine lines reduces when Botox is injected into the skin. Botox is a quick treatment whose effects last for several months.
Derma fillers provide solutions to the problem of ageing. It gives the skin a younger look by restoring volume. Derma fillers use hyaluronic acid to give a plump face.
Microblading and Permanent Makeup
As we move on to other cosmetic skin treatments let’s know about microblading and permanent makeup.
Microblading corrects the eyebrow using hand tools for hairlike strokes to the eyebrow area. Microblading helps match the pigment colour with the colour of the eyebrow. It is generally done to give an eyebrow a definite shape.
Permanent makeup includes enhancing eyebrows, lips and eyeliner. It is also known as cosmetic tattooing which injects pigment into the skin giving it a long-lasting colour.
These cosmetic skin treatments have visible results in these facial areas:
1) Eyebrows – Microblading fills the eyebrows by stroking fine lines into the brow area. It gives the eyebrow a clean and polished look.
2) Eyeliner- Permanent eyeliner gives a fuller appearance to your eyebrow. It saves you time applying eyeliner every day.
3) Lips – Implementing permanent makeup on the lips gives it the colour you like and the shape you want to give.
Semi-permanent makeup gives skin a natural look and saves a lot of time. These types of cosmetic skin treatments do not require high maintenance and help boost your self-confidence.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) Therapy uses solutions to rejuvenate complexion, produce collagen and make skin elasticity better. It is a medical procedure that enhances the properties of blood cells.
PRP targets particular areas of the skin after taking a blood sample. PRP is one of the cosmetic skin treatments that heal the skin naturally and helps in producing collagen and skin renewal.
It is an effective solution. PRP is one of the safest methods of cosmetic skin treatments helping in producing collagen production results in long-lasting effects.
Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
Non-surgical tightening enhances collagen production, produces skin cells and improves the overall texture of the skin. It gives the skin a young look without any kind of surgery.
1) Ultrasound therapy – It tightens loose skin targeting the underneath layers of the skin. It helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines and improves the skin tone of the face and neck.
2) Radio frequency therapy – This treatment is applied to different areas of the body penetrating to the deeper layers of the skin. It tightens skin and reduces cellulite.
Non-surgical skin tightening improves skin naturally with less recovery time having no side effects.
So, cosmetic skin treatments like topical treatments, Botox, and permanent makeup have long-lasting advantages. They can clear skin visibly providing a plump to the skin. Before going for any kind of treatment, it is very important to consult a skin specialist first. If you need clear skin with long-lasting effects, solving problems like skin ageing and pigmentation, cosmetic skin treatments will do you no harm!
Talking about skin treatments, Dr Priyanka Aggarwal provides the best services for cosmetic skin treatments. She is one of the best skin specialist in Kolkata!